When built in 1941 for the City of San Francisco, this EMD E6A unit numbered SF-4 was jointly owned by the three railroads participating in the premier "Overland Route" train, and bore the heralds of all three. (The trailing "B" units were SF-5 and SF-6.) In 1946 SF-4 was renumbered to 904A, and in 1948 it was renumbered to 985J (the "J" signifying joint ownership). Late in 1948 the unit was sold to the Chicago & North Western and renumbered 5004A; it was retired and scrapped in 1959. The image was scanned from A Brief History of the Chicago and North Western Line, issued by the C&NW in 1942.