Grand Trunk Western's EMD F3A units, built in 1948, were sometimes called "F5s" because of modifications to the earlier design. In this photo units 9018 and 9012 have halted their manifest on the main line at Bellevue, Michigan, in the summer of 1953. The Canadian National-Grand Trunk's first road diesel paint scheme, with the stripes on the nose arcing downward to a point, was adapted from the system's streamlined U-4 class 4-8-4s. In 1956 these GTW road freight units were reclassified from V-1-A-a to GFA-15-a. This photo appeared in the "Days Gone By" feature of The Bellevue Villager (now discontinued) for March 1, 2013.