In 1937, the American Locomotive Company delivered six 4-8-4s to the Toledo, Peoria & Western. Numbered 80-85, these class H-10 locomotives are considered the lightest 4-8-4s operated by a North American railroad. Nevertheless they were instrumental in building the TP&W's reputation as a fast bridge road through the "Peoria Gateway," bypassing congested Chicago terminals between western and eastern railroads. For example, refrigerator trains received from the Rock Island at Keokuk, Iowa, could be speedily handed off to the Pennsylvania Railroad at Effner, the TP&W's eastern terminus on the Illinois-Indiana state line, after re-icing at the railroad's modern facility in East Peoria. For the specifications of the TP&W's H-10 class see the page for No. 84, following. This ALCo builder's photo was supplied from the collection of Wayne Koch.