Canadian Pacific 2-10-0 No. 5754 had an interesting history, having begun life as a compound 0-6-6-0 in class R1b. The railroad's Angus Shops erected this locomotive in 1911 as No. 1954, one of a group of similar locomotives noted for being the only articulated engines operated by a Canadian railroad and also for having their two sets of drivers arranged head-to-head, with all four cylinders clustered in the center of the wheelbase. (Read the description, with photos, on the Articulated 0-6-6-0 page of the "Old Time Trains" site.) In 1912 this engine was renumbered to 5754, and in 1916 the Angus Shops rebuilt her into a 2-10-0, reclassified to R2b. As rebuilt, members of this subclass had dimensions similar to those of the R3 class (see the page for No. 5771 following) except that their cylinder dimensions were 23½x32 inches, they weighed 224,000 pounds, and they had 410 square heat of superheating surface. No. 5754 was scrapped in 1960; this image from Jack Swanberg shows her at the St-Luc terminal in Montréal on September 1, 1956.