A. B. Crompton captured this view of Canadian Pacific H1c Royal Hudson No. 2839 at Lambton, Ontario on August 30, 1958. No. 2839's last years in regular service saw her hauling commuter trains in Montréal until 1960. For a time the engine stored at the Ontario Northland shops in North Bay, Ontario. Then, after being displayed at the Ontario Science Centre in Toronto, the locomotive was sold to private owners and enjoyed a career in excursion service in the United States, including a stint with the Southern Railway in 1979-80. Plans to restore No. 2839 to operation after 1984 did not materialize, and it was moved to Sylmar, California, for display as part of The Nethercutt Collection. The photo came to us courtesy of Tac Foley.