CB&Q 4-8-2 No. 7020, appearing here at Chicago on December 12, 1939, was the last member of the B-1A subclass and among the six built to burn bituminous coal. Members of this group had an evaporative heating surface of 4263 square feet, a superheating surface of 1256 square feet, and a grate area of slightly more than 78 square feet. Photos reveal that some were eventually equipped with disc main driver centers. In express passenger service these engines were superseded by the Burlington’s Hudsons beginning in 1930 though No. 7020 stayed on the Burlington roster until 1955 when it and its few remaining sisters were scrapped. The photo, acquired from an eBay vendor, is attributed to Ralph L. Graves of Enid, Oklahoma.