The Baltimore & Ohio operated four 4-6-4 or Hudson type locomotives, each belonging to a different class. The first example was erected in 1933 by the railroad's Mount Clare Shops in Baltimore. It was a rebuild of class P-1c 4-6-2 No. 5047 and featured a watertube firebox, and was assigned to class V-1. This engine had 74-inch drivers and 21½-inch cylinders. It weighed 355,000 pounds and produced 52,000 pounds of tractive effort. After successful operation on the B&O system it was retired in 1950. This photo, taken in Washington, D.C., is attributed to Edwin Keith but the date is not specified. Later photos indicate that the bell was mounted to overhang the front of the smokebox and the headlight was lowered.