In a bid to recover lost passenger traffic, the New York Central in 1956 introduced the Xplorer in a Cleveland-Cincinnati schedule. Pullman-Standard built to train to its lightweight "Train-X" design, powered by a Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton RP-210H diesel-hydraulic locomotive. The 1000-horsepower unit was numbered 20 and classed DH-1. The rough-riding train was not a success and was withdrawn the following year. It was sold for excursion service but languished in storage in South Carolina until being scrapped around 1970. The image was scanned from the New York Central's 1956 Annual Report.