The Boston & Albany was leased by the New York Central. Its locomotives were numbered in its own series until near the end of the steam era, although their classifications were integrated into the system roster. 0-6-0 switcher No. 148 belonged to class B-11o. Her dimensions were the same as those of B-11a No. 6901 described on a previous page. However, this engine was four years newer, having been delivered by American Locomotive Company in 1916. No. 148 was sent to the scrappers in 1951. She is shown here at an unknown location, perhaps Boston's Beacon Park terminal, sometime in the 1930s.