Here is a broadside view of ALCo RS1 No. 59, snapped in the yard in April 1958. The RS-1 had the six-cylinder ALCo 539 engine, with its whistling sound produced by the turbocharger. The box-like appliance with the stack just ahead of the cab is an oil-burning heater to keep the engine crankcase oil warm, allowing the engine to be shut down in cold weather; three GM&O ALCo road switchers had this device. No. 59 operated until 1974.