ALCo S2 No. 21 switches sidings at the north end of the Bloomington yard, in the area adjacent to the Union Asbestos & Rubber plant. Road switcher No, 1122 (see next photo) joins the action in the background. Although the plant was operating in the 1950s, it appears that the area was used mainly for the storage of railroad materials and scrap metal. This scene was photographed from the Emerson Street bridge in June 1957. Click here to view this location as it appears today.