Shown at the water tank at Ridgely terminal, Springfield, is Alton 4-6-2 No. 5285 of class P-15. This engine's dimensions were the same as those of No. 5280 described previously. Note the Walschaerts valve gear in reverse position. In 1940 the Alton still rostered nine of the original ten members of this class. Walter A. Peters took this photo, from the collection of Gary Thompson.