The Pennsylvania Railroad owned 42 of these 700-horsepower electric switchers in class B-1. They were built between 1926 and 1935, and all were eventually operated under 11,000 volts of alternating current. No. 3917 is shown here in this illustration from the PRR's publicity booklet Modern Power for Today's Trains. One example of the class survives at the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania.