B&A Pacific No. 586 poses here with a westbound train at Worcester, Massachusetts Union Station sometime in the early 1930s. Delivered in 1913 as the NYC's No. 3184, she was renumbered in 1921 into a Boston & Albany sequence as depicted here. Following dieselization of the B&A in the late 1940s these class K-14g 4-6-2s were transferred back to the NYC and assigned to suburban service in the New York City area, where they were renumbered into the 4300s. This engine became No. 4386, and lasted until 1952. The white smokebox front was a distinctive feature of B&A steam locomotives. Carl Weber, Jr. reports that the building in the left background is the offices of the Osgood-Bradley Car Company, builders of the famed "American Flyer" coaches used by both the New Haven and the Boston & Maine.